Friday, September 12, 2014

[Review] GEO Princess Mimi Almond Brown

Friday, September 12, 2014
My current semester just ended 2 days ago. Despite that I have one exam on next Wednesday, I'll be having a short break till the new semester which will commence on the last week of September.

Time goes pretty fast isn't it? I still remember that previous semester started in the mid of July and now it's just 2 weeks plus ahead to the end of September. Again, I'm still pretty unproductive on creating blog entries throughout the semester and I bet anyone would have got bored of my reason (more like an excuse) : Projects, assignments, presentation etc

I actually spend pretty much time and effort on those coursework given as I don't want to fail and repeat the courses (which is compulsory for every IPTS students) again then waste around like 2 thousand bucks for those though. Moreover, it'll be very troublesome for me as it'll be affecting my schedule in the future as my actual course will be starting in the coming semester. Speaking of the new semester, I'll have to put even more effort so that everything could paid off well. 

Anyway! As well as loving to dress nice in my everyday look , I have been a frequent circle lenses user till now and I'm wearing lenses mostly of the time whenever I'm out of home. I mean, who wouldn't want look nicer right?

Therefore, I'll be reviewing GEO's Princess Mimi Almond Brown, which is the most recent circle lenses that I've been wearing starting from the early of the month and currently still wearing. (As for the previous months I'm actually wearing Freshkon Alluring Eyes series in Winsome Brown, which you can read the review here :D)



Origin: South Korea
Diameter: 14.5mm
Base Curve: 8.6
Water Content: 38%-42%
Duration : 3 month Disposable 

I have been keen on trying this pair of lenses ever since I got interested in gyaru related beauty. Moreover the lenses are produced by the popular gyaru Tsubasa Masukawa, collaborating with GEO Medical Ltd. I bough these lenses a few months back and I was so excited when I get to try them on! 
As you can see from the picture, the lenses are quite simple, so that it would give a natural yet adorable look. 

So here's how it looks like on dark eyes like me under different lightning conditions.


And here's another one to compare. One with eye makeup on and the other one is before applying anything on.



The lenses are brown if you see from the picture which the lenses are in the lens case. However, from what I've observed is that it looks more likely to grey colour with a slightly brown tone. Even so, the overall look is still quite natural without looking exaggerated. Another thing is that colour of the lenses look more visible under conditions with flash or natural sunlight. In overall, the design is pretty much decent.

As the lenses is having diameter of 14.5mm so the enlargement is obvious wise, but still looks natural, not too dolly. I wear the lenses to class daily and having the lenses on up to 6 or 8 hours. Comfort wise,  it's really comfortable and I don't really feel any dryness throughout the times.


Comic Fiesta Mini is just a few weeks to go. Though it's still unconfirmed on whether if I would cosplay as Kise Ryouta's Genderbend or another character on CF Mini's day 2 (which the costumes are still on their way here LOL), but then the character is definitely a female character. Therefore, the eye makeup above was actually a costest I did for the cosplay.

As for some information, the cosmetics products I used for this eye makeup is as below:
- NYX's The Natural Eyeshadow Palette
- Etude House's Drawing Eyebrow #3 Brown
- Kiss Me Heavy Rotation's Eyebrow Powder #02
- Kiss Me Heavy Rotation's Eyebrow Mascara #01
- Dolly Wink's False Eyelash #02
- Kiss Me Heroine's False Eyelash #09


I'd also play around photoshopping the iris. From left to right, Normal>Harajuku kei>Some sort of Youkai eye. There's still pretty much to practice so that it doesn't look too fake like how I did there.

The lenses was bought by my own, which then the review made is based on honest thoughts. I bought the lenses from Geo Lens Town, which is an authorized seller of authentic GEO lenses and there's a lot more ranges of lenses to choose from. :)

I hope the review would help those of you who are seeking for decent circle lenses as this one. :)

2 comments :

  1. Fantastic lenses! I also absolutely loved how you did the lashes and everything!
    It really looks well put-together and I'm wishing you the very best from a fellow (semi-retired) cosplayer! Hope you have fun at CF Mini, can't wait to see your cosplay. ^^

    xoxo Rin
    Fuurin Diary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for your blessings. Wow, you're also a cosplayer? Nice to meet you senpai hehe :3

      Delete

Comments are welcome.♥

Caydence's | Blog of Life © 2014