Friday, November 7, 2014

[Review] Lighten Your Acne Scars!

Friday, November 7, 2014

Having acnes is one of the common thing in our life. Majority of us always encountered with zits during our teenage period. Nevertheless, there would also be some of us that would have problems of acne even during the adult stage due to stress or hormones. As females , mostly of us would probably have pimples popping out when it comes to "that" time the month. Personally, I usually got 2 or 3 pimples during that time and I have been getting slightly more these recently because that I was in lack of sleep doing revisions for my exams. OTL

Other than feeling a little bit of disturbance, getting acnes is actually not a deal since that it wouldn't be 'staying' on our face permanently. However, one thing that we concern a lot is the post-acne marks. It's every difficult to totally get rid of it. We always need to take proper care so that it lightens day by day. I believe most of us would want the scars to be lightened as fast as it could. 

I have been trying different products for the acne scars lightening but mostly of them works pretty much average and I'm very unsatisfied with it. Until one day when my friend actually gave me this.



May I proudly present to you, the saviour for those who have acne scars, The Face Shop Clean Face Spot Corrector. The Clean Face series from The Face Shop mainly works for peoples who have oily acne prone skin. I have a friend that has this skin condition. She has been using the product line for a long time and she really love how the products sooth her acne and not causing her face to be too dry in eventual. 

However, she find that the spot corrector works pretty much average so she gave me the extra which she had bought along previously. Since that my Etude House AC Clinic set has already been used up, so why not I give it a try to see whether if it can works better. 

In the description of the products it says that the spot corrector is 
" An essence for clearing up acne blemishes and allowing skin to heal faster
An over-night spot eraser that helps fade post-acne marks
Keep it handy for those irritating breakout emergencies
Kills acne-causing ‘p-acne bacteria’ "

The product is mainly made from tea tree oil which is widely use as treatment for acnes. Other than that it also contains Quick Clear Complex to to boost up the healing effect. Unlikely to many other similar products, this spot corrector is supposed to be use after toner and before moisturisers. Another thing is that, it SMELLS GOOD (and it's not that type of scent which is extremely artificial.) *laughs* 


The product is having a gel texture, so it is not that sticky and it is slightly watery as well, which then it could be absorbed into the skin much more effectively than some other cream-textured products.

I have been using it for several days after my breakouts period, it actually had speeded up the healing of those scars. Normally it would took me 2 weeks or more to get to that lightening effect but it had cut down to only half of the time to get those marks lightened.

Doubt that I'm over exaggerated in telling the effect? 
Perhaps you can see with your own eyes in the picture below. 



I swear there was no editing in the comparison photo. As you can see,  the scars lighten a lot after the usage of the spot corrector for around 4-5 days. The healing was not that fast but then it did speed up a lot if comparing to the healing period before I started to use the spot corrector.

In overall I would give the product a  4 out of 5. Indeed, it did works better comparing to the previous product, but it can't be absorb fast despite of the gel texture of it which I have mentioned above, so it still has some spaces for improvement. 

Apparently my study life is very packed. Not to mention that I need to do revision for almost every 24/7 to be well prepared for another coming examination in December, I still have some activities in college to attend. It's pretty stressful by now, but I need to overcome the stress and make it as a positive stress so that I have the driving force to continue studying the course. 





No comments :

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome.♥

Caydence's | Blog of Life © 2014