Monday, January 27, 2014

[Tutorial] The Coral Peony

Monday, January 27, 2014
Chinese New Year is just a few days to go. In China, it's also known as the Spring Festival. In this post I would make a tutorial of a spring look inspired by a well-known flower for this festival ——Peony.

Source: Google

Peony is known as Mudan(牡丹) in China and is an important symbol in Chinese culture. In this look the color I would refer on is a light coral color peony instead of girly pink. (FYI, I'm not a fan of pink and more to fond in peachy color, that's why :P)




These are the item that I would be using for this tutorial. I hope it'll be helpful if I listed them.
1. Etude House Mineral BB Cushion
2. Maybelline all in one powder foundation.
3. Maybelline Mineral Concealer #02
4. SkinFood Rose Essence Blusher #02 Orange
5. Etude House Lash Perm 3 Step Volumecara. #Brown (I'm using step 2 in this tutorial)
6. Touch in Sol No Poreblem Primer
7. Daiso eyeshadow palette Twilight
8. Etude House Drawing Show Creamy Liner
9. Elianto eye primer
10. Double eyelids for my case. I have inner double eyelids /sigh/
11. Circle lenses. (Freshkon Alluring Eye Winsome Brown)
12. NYX The Natural eyeshadow palette
13. Heavy Rotation Powder Eyebrow & Nose Shadow
14. Etude House Styling Eyeliner.
15. TheFaceShop Design My Eyebrow in Grey Brown
16. Etude House Dear Girls Cute Eye Maker
17. Etude House Dear Darling Tint #03 Real Red.
18. Heavy Rotation Lip Concealer.
19. ZA Lip color in Brown Red.


For this make, basically I would use brown for mascara and eyeliner for a softer look. Additionally, an orange tone for the blush and eye to achieve the peachy coral.


This will be your guide on how you apply your eyeshadow.

 I forgot to mentioned 2 things in the picture. Do pardon me. I'm being very clumsy this lately due to packed schedule. Mindblown. >_<""
1. When tightline and lining your eyes,use pencil eye liner before you line your eye using cream liner.
2. After applying eyeliner, create a puffy eye effect using Cute Eyes maker (You can use eyeshadow instead too by applying shimmer peach color on the under eye area and line some dark eyeshadow at the area where your eyebags are located when you smile.)
3. As for my case, I have also apply falsies as my lash is not enough fuller.


Next, apply the orange blusher on your cheeks. Remember, a little goes a long way. Don't over apply it.


Then by using the white color eye shadow, highlight the area you would liked to.


By using this, draw a soft korean straight brow. Don't make it too harsh. You could also use a eyebrow pencil to create more dimension for the brows so that it won't be too soft.

The shade and highlight your nose by using the lightest color of the eyebrow powder. I did mix a little bit with the second color for a more visible effect.


Then you're done! I hope you would like this tutorial. I don't really make tutorials often but I found this look is suitable for this coming spring and hence, I would really like to share it to every of you.

Here's some selfie of the finish look to end this post.
Thanks to this flower. I got my idea from it. I don't know where my dad got this but he told me that the color will change and become more intense as it starts to withers. But dad, you don't actually have to pluck it. I want to see it live. :<




I hope you guys don't despise that I've neglected so much important steps in the picture.

Chinese New Year is just a few days to go. I do wish all of you guys would have a prosperous new year. Huat ar! (The olds does love this term /laughs/) Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year in advance to all my readers.

2 comments :

  1. You look absolutely gorgeous, I love the colours on you! Would you like to follow eachother on GFC/Bloglovin? Leave a comment on my blog and let me know^^

    www.emilymarysia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Maybe we'll follow each other on the google followers? since that I'm not using Bloglovin :3

      Delete

Comments are welcome.♥

Caydence's | Blog of Life © 2014